Rate this magazine in terms of how professional it looks?

Sunday 7 November 2010

Research - My Target Audience

I have decided to aim my magazine at people my age (16-18) because I can ask people aorund me more easily and because I am that age it is easier for me to know what content to put in it to attract their attention.
I decided to make a questionaire to find out what this target audiene already read and what music they liked so I had a better idea about what my magazine should be. I asked 20 students in year 12 to answer this.

I firstly asked whether or not they read a music magazine this was important because the aim of my magazine is to make people want to read it, and by asking this and which music they are into I am able to look for the gap in the market. The result was 14 people said they do not read a magazine and 6 people do.


I then asked the 6 people which magazine they did read in order to find out my main competitor. From the results. The main competitor is Q magazine followed by the X factor magazine I think this is because the X factor magazine is aimed at 14-16 year olds and Q is designed more for young adults.


I then thought it was important to know how often my target audience by any style of magazine to see how much they would spend on avergae on a magazine and how often my magazine should be published.


The final question of my questionnaire was to see what is the best genre to aim my magazine at and therefore attract more of my target audience to buy it. I found out that RnB was the favourite style by close to 50% and pop was a close second, therefore I shall make my magazine genre RnB/Pop.


Overall the questionnaire has helped me to find out that Q magazine is my main competitor, and that the genre of my magazine shall be RnB/Pop as I believe there is a gap in the market to make more people of my target audience to purchase a music magazine. It will be produced monthly as that is when most people buy their magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment