Rate this magazine in terms of how professional it looks?

Thursday 14 October 2010

Finished Front Cover of School Magazine

This is the my finished first attempt of the school magazine for Chenderit. I had never used Indesign before and only knew the basics on photoshop. I decided to target my magazine to Sixth Formers as I thought it would be interesting to do a more young adult style magazine for 16-18 year olds rather than a wider age group as I was able to target key ideas more easily. An example of this is the Survival cooking classes for university, as students leave home without basic cooking knowledge so that was the key idea for my magazine to promote. I had Elli in the middle of the magazine, with an apron, flour on her face and her smiling this was important as the classes need to be shown as fun and interesting rather than academic because the sixth formers wouldn't be interested otherwise. I named the magazine Trendy Chendy this is a casual name and would attract the students rather than the parents which I wanted. I managed to make the title glow with pink to make it stand out. i also decided to use pink as it appears in the main picture on the bowl and apron.  I learnt to change colour's of text and give them a gradient. Another technique I liked was the outline of text with helped to emphasis the important of key phrases. The magazine differed from my flat plan because I only included two pictures, I thought that with too many pictures it would make the magazine too complex and would put students off reading it. I used a leaf style background to show that the magazine was the autumn addition. I cut Elli out on photoshop and inserted her onto the background, this was a good technique to learn as I may use it for my final music magazine. I am happy with my first attempt but I did struggle with trying to curve text around the prom photo, which would have been good to know. I now know that I should situate the picture more to the right as I couldn't fill a gap as it didn't look right.

No comments:

Post a Comment